Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It’s been a little more than six months...


It’s been a little more than six months since I got that awful knock at the door and heard those words every army wife dreads to hear “the secretary of defense regrets to inform you.” I thought I couldn’t miss you anymore than I did at that moment but I was very wrong I miss you more today than I did yesterday. You are and will always be my one true love, my best friend and of course my hero. William and Jamie will forever look up to you. He is like a mini you I always find him doing crazy things that I know if you were here you’d be doing it right along with him. You would be very proud of him too. Today at daycare they asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up and he proudly stood up and said “a paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne just like my dad.” He is also bound and determined to make sure Jamie knows how good of a dad you are and that you are a true American hero. And Jamie is a spitting image of you. She is just the sweetest thing ever it breaks my heart every time I think about what you are missing. I just wish you could hold her. Just please watch over her and William for me if they are just like us than I will need to wrap them in bubble wrap because they are going to be little daredevils. Just always remember we love you same forever and always!!

No comments:

Post a Comment